I am a certified Sensorimotor psychotherapist as well as a wife and mother. I have been exploring the relationship between mind and body as a dedicated mindfulness-practitioner and meditator for over a decade. My pronouns are she/her.
I am a firm believer that each individual holds great capacity for healing and growth, and that my job is to join with you in uncovering and strengthening those resources that allow each of us to live more fully and authentically.
My work is informed by many somatically-oriented modalities: Sensorimotor, Hakomi, Richard Schwartz’s Internal Family Systems, as well as the most current research in attachment, neurobiology, and trauma. I am currently engaged in training with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, and have had the privilege of working directly under the tutelage of internationally respected trauma and dissociation expert, Janina Fisher, whose cutting-edge work with other giants in the field supports the role of the body’s wisdom in resolving wounds of the past.
Trainings, Experience, and Affiliations
- MA in Somatic Counseling Psychology, John F. Kennedy University
- Certified in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Boundary training with Julianne Taylor Shore
- Re-Creation of the Self Model of Human Systems with Jon Eisman
- Hakomi Skills with Shai Lavie, MFT and Dominique Lando, MFT
- Consultation in structural dissociation and somatic trauma treatment with Sue Martin, REAT
- Member of CAMFT and EBCAMFT